Would you like to read/perform at the 2008 Masala! Mehndi! Masti!
DesiLit Writersâ€™ Stage?
Apply by March 30th!
The Masala! Mehndi! Masti! DesiLit Writersâ€™ Stage focuses on the work of writers (fiction, poetry, non-fiction), storytellers and spoken word artists, both established and emerging, to read and perform their work. The stage will be open on July 26th and July 27th and will have programming for adults and children, including panels, author interviews, interactive writing activities for all ages and stellar performances.
Masala! Mehndi! Masti! is the largest multi-disciplinary South Asian Arts festival outside of South Asia, and has been celebrated annually for the last 6 years, presenting South Asian culture and South Asian inspired culture in Toronto. It provides an opportunity to established and emerging artists in traditional and contemporary spheres of music, dance, film, theatre, literature and poetry, natural health practices, social issues, cuisine, arts & crafts and much more. This yearâ€™s festival takes place from July 25th-27th, 2008.
Deadline: March 30, 2008
Applicants must be:
1) South Asian, of South Asian ancestry, and/or from the South Asian diaspora
2) Writers, storytellers, or spoken word artists
3) Dynamic readers/performers
4) Available on July 26th and July 27th, 2008
Please include the following with your application:
1) Your name and contact information (address, e-mail, phone)
2) A short (maximum 250 words) artistâ€™s bio, including any previous performance/reading experiences
3) A sample (maximum 3-5 pages) of the work you would like to read/perform.
You may submit your application
1) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) by mail to:
Masala! Mehndi! Masti! DesiLit Writersâ€™ Stage Applications
47 Wyndham Street
Note: applications must be postmarked by March 30, 2008.
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail. If you wish to have your submission returned to you, please include a self addressed stamped envelope.
Questions? Send us an e-mail at email@example.com
With thanks from the Masala! Mehndi! Masti! DesiLit Writersâ€™ Stage Organizing Committee.